Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 39:42
Pace: 9:55 min/mi

Comments: The restart of the running regimen had the expected effect, namely soreness. None of it appears to be unusual, just my muscles getting used to working out once again. I've also had the usual tiredness with weird effects to my sleep pattern. Sleep like a log but wake up at weird times.

So the former had me ready to call this a second off-day in order to recover but the latter conspired to get me out the door anyway. The run, instead of the disaster I was expecting, turned out alright, actually. Maybe running in pitch dark again is the key. In any case, I didn't really go any faster but I didn't feel a complete wreck the whole way either.

Conditions

Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: cloudy
Temperature: 72 degrees
Humidity: 81 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: A sharp little pain in my left calf after this run.