Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 38:06
Pace: 9:31 min/mi

Comments: The upshot of feeling absolutely horrid on Friday seems to have been a bit of an improvement in my baseline strength level. I wasn't particularly motivated in terms of today's run but, once I got out there, it wasn't much of a strain as these runs have been in the past.

Case in point. I hit almost exactly 9:34 pace on every mile of the run except the second which was 15 seconds faster. That's the kind of consistency I expect when I get strong enough to actually "run" these workouts instead of "hang on for dear life."

There's a lot of work left until my conditioning and stamina levels are where I would like but this is a very reassuring milestone.

Conditions

Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 57 degrees
Humidity: 74 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: nada