Sunday, November 13, 2016

Long Run

Distance: 10 miles
Time: 1:51:26
Pace: 11:08 min/mi

Comments: My plan, after last week, was to try and keep my work week the same and try to add two more miles to the long run today. I got worried about this on Friday when my body seemed to be telling me nada mas. I felt so bad all day that I was concerned it was actually the flu.

But I felt better yesterday although my quads and calves still had some sharp soreness. I didn't feel bad at all this morning so, even through I wasn't really motivated about it, I got out the door.

As I expected, it was rough. I made myself completely ignore my Garmin and just shoot for the distance. My pace fluctuated a lot but that wasn't really the main concern with this one. The second half was a slog as well as a tour de force of disassociative running. Still, I got it done.

Conditions

Hour: 8:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 60 degrees
Humidity: 70 percent
Wind: 3 mph
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: nada