Sunday, November 20, 2016

Long Run

Distance: 14 miles
Time: 2:26:48
Pace: 10:29 min/mi

Comments: I'm seriously considering a marathon in February of next year. While the progressively longer runs is encouraging, I'm not sure if I've got the stamina to get the REAL long runs it will require.

So, the plan today was 12 miles but, since I felt pretty good after the halfway mark, I decided to take a stab at 14 miles. This puts me over the half-marathon distance and at the doorstep of the truely grueling long runs the marathon will require.

It went better than I expected. I completely ignored the pace and just tried to keep a steady strong rhythm. The cold snap certainly played in my favor as well. While I've done a few half-marathons in the last few years, this is the longest I've run since my debacle of a marathon in April 2013.

Conditions

Hour: 9 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 45 degrees
Humidity: 63 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: Right IT band was stiff at points. Right knee was sore at points. Left knee was sore at the end.