Thursday, November 24, 2016

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 43:57
Pace: 10:59 min/mi

Comments: I had actually signed up for a 5K turkey trot today but the continuing soreness in my quads and hamstrings made me decide to skip it. I still wanted to get my run in so I finally got up enough motivation to get out the door.

My reticence made complete sense once I got started. My legs were achy and sore. I didn't feel like I had any energy whatsoever and my pace was abysmal. And today turned out the day that my Garmin up and died.

Still, I needed the distance and the effort should go a long way to getting me over the fatigue of adding these long miles.

Conditions

Hour: 11 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 60 degrees
Humidity: 72 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: nada