Monday, December 26, 2016

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 38:04
Pace: 9:31 min/mi

Comments: The goal this week is to get fully back into the routine. I know what I want to get as a long run next weekend but that's not the focus. Three runs during the week is the priority.

This one started a little slow but I warmed up rather well and was doing a nice clip toward the end. The temperatures have been unseasonably warm and humid this week so I prepared for it to be a slog.

It turns out the cold front came through while I was out there so it was actually a few degrees cooler on the second half of the effort. Not sure if it helped but it kept things from sucking so bad.

Conditions

Hour: 7:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 68 degrees
Humidity: 65 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: Slight twinge on the top of my right knee.