Thursday, June 1, 2017

Fitness Run

Distance: 2 miles
Time: 19:42
Pace: 9:51 min/mi

Comments: The four miles on Monday took a hell of a lot more out of me than I expected. I was tired the next two days and my legs felt drained. Less soreness than I expected, though. I felt pretty good this morning and started out with the intention of doing another four miles but pretty quickly decided that wasn't the best idea. With the heat and humidity, two miles would be enough. The routine is the important thing here.

It was a pretty good two miles. Started slow on purpose and just concentrated on regular, short footfalls. Not using too much energy, just getting it done. The time was better than I expected but not overfast like my other short runs have been. I'd like to do this again tomorrow but we'll see.

Conditions

Hour: 7:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: cloudy
Temperature: 77 degrees
Humidity: 73 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: nada