Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 43:22
Pace: 10:50 min/mi

Comments: It's been quite some time since I last took a run and I felt it pretty much every step of the way this morning. I knew it would be a long unpleasant slog with the requisite heat and humidity to make it truely miserable. As a result, I figured I might as well go for the full four miles.

To be honest, it went about as well as I could have expected. I kept a reasonably constant pace and I didn't have that overwhelming urge to stop and walk it in. The pace was pretty much right what I predicted and probably could have been a bit faster if I pushed it. But pushing it was not the best idea on the first run back.

Conditions

Hour: 6:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 84 degrees
Humidity: 70 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: Pain in my left quad at the end.