Wednesday, October 25, 2017

New Gear: Garmin Forerunner 35

My aged and well-used Garmin running watches have all passed into the great beyond. A couple of them with my exasperated assistance. I've had a few of these that have been durable workhorses and I've had a couple that... weren't.

While I can track my running OK with my trusty Ironman digital watch, there is a lot of information the new fitness trackers can provide. My brief experiment with a Fitbit showed me that. So, if I can get my running routine back, I would like to explore more of that.  So I went looking at what was available.

Basically, I wanted a watch that was 1) cheap and 2) had GPS capability. Anything beyond that I would entertain but those were the deal killers. And a lot of the low-end fitness watches now fit that profile (although "cheap" is a relative term here). In the end, I decided to go with the Garmin Forerunner 35 for the simple reason a lot of my past running information is on their online system.