Friday, January 5, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 41:21
Pace: 10:20 min/mi

Comments: New year. New goals. The work situation meant a lot of best intentions last year in terms of running went left unfulfilled. I'd like to get things back on track in 2018.

The tentative goal for this year is 500 miles, an annual amount I haven't reached in half a decade. That works out to about 42 miles each month or just more than nine miles a week. Doable.

Today was the first effort and my first run since October. The four miles went about as well as I could have hoped. There are a few hills and inclines on this course so I'm not over concerned about the woeful pace. All in all it felt rather good to be back out there.

Conditions

Hour: 11:10 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 56 degrees
Humidity: 42 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Flux 4

Injury update: Nothing so far.