Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 41:00
Pace: 10:14 min/mi

Comments: I was very sensitive to my pace on this run given the little scare with the hamstring yesterday. Short steps and letting up off the throttle whenever I felt myself going a bit too fast. Still, I had a pretty good pace over the course of this effort.

Overall, I certainly have the strength to gut through these runs if I need to but I have to be careful to getting too far out in front of my conditioning. Keeping it that close to the edge is a recipe for injury. And an injury is the fastest way to waste all the effort I've poured into this over the past three weeks.

Conditions

Hour: 10:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 44 degrees
Humidity: 45 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: nada