Thursday, January 25, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 39:13
Pace: 9:47 min/mi

Comments: Odd run. I started out rather well and felt reasonably confident I could keep the pace steady over the course of the workout. But by the end of the second mile, I felt I was dragging pretty hard. Unsurprisingly, that was the slowest lap of the entire run.

Since the odd numbered miles are mostly downhill, I made an effort to concentrate on keeping a steady pace and push the fatigue out of my mind. For the final mile, I made a very concerted effort to push myself and actually delivered the fastest mile of the run.

Conditions

Hour: 9:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 44 degrees
Humidity: 41 percent
Wind: none
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: nada