Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 37:19
Pace: 9:19 min/mi

Comments: After the successful long run on Sunday, I'm feeling pretty optimistic about my progress thus far. So much so I found myself looking for possible upcoming marathons this morning. Probably need to tap the brakes a bit on that for the moment.

I wanted to push things a bit on this one but without monitoring the whole thing. So I focused on a regular cadence and taking advantage of the downhills. The breakdown was very encouraging; negative splits overall with the last two miles coming in at exactly 9:11 each. 

Conditions

Hour: 11:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 46 degrees
Humidity: 44 percent
Wind: 3 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: Soreness in the right shin at one point.