Sunday, January 28, 2018

Long Run

Distance: 9 miles
Time: 1:31:47
Pace: 10:12 min/mi

Comments: To be on track for the half marathon next month I needed to get in an eight miler this weekend. I intended to do this yesterday but felt very fatigued when I woke up. So I chose to move the long run to today.

It was chilly when I got out to White Rock Lake but not inordinately so. I had a bit of a rough time getting started. The first two miles were very uncomfortable and I worried if I had bitten off a bit more than I could chew.

But by mile four I was feeling much better and the second half of the run went extremely well (from mile four on, every mile was faster than the one prior). I even decided to put in the extra mile to make the lake loop complete. Best of all, when I was done I felt pretty good, not worn out and beaten.

Conditions

Hour: 7:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 40 degrees
Humidity: 63 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: Nothing major but had aches in the ball of my left foot and my left hamstring at various times.