Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 37:13
Pace: 9:17 min/mi

Comments: That was a hell of a lot better than the last run. I was really concerned that the awful of Monday would seep into the rest of the runs this week but I felt pretty strong out there today.

I did the first two miles on a steady pace that turned out to be a good 30 seconds per mile quicker than I was expecting. I did make an effort to push things on the back half of the run and was remarkably consistent pacewise on them both. Partially because I did really surge the last quarter mile.

This was a good chance to shake off the post-race creakyness but I need to be more conservative with the efforts over the next week if I want to survive the half marathon at the end of the month.

Conditions

Hour: 10:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 51 degrees
Humidity: 90 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: nada