Thursday, February 15, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 40:38
Pace: 10:09 min/mi

Comments: Felt surprisingly good when I got up today and, wonder of wonders, the temperatures weren't sub-arctic for once. There is a front due in the next 24 hours so I thought it would be a good idea to take advantage of the balmy conditions.

And, as one might expect, I was sweating hard by the end. Which was a nice change. I started deliberately slower in light of yesterday's blistering pace and let myself ease up some every mile afterward. The final effort was still pretty good compared to, say, a month ago.

Conditions

Hour: 8:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 67 degrees
Humidity: 80 percent
Wind: 5 mph gusts
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: nada