Thursday, February 8, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 39:52
Pace: 9:57 min/mi

Comments: Much better weather today but still pretty chilly out. I waited a while but didn't want to put this off all day. I also did my daily upper body workout before the run. That is going to take a bit of getting used to.

No land speed record today. No negative split. The only big positive was keeping it under 40 minutes. But I really wasn't planning on having a world beating effort today. With the 10K on Saturday I just wanted some solid miles and not too much fatigue.

The real breakthrough was hitting more miles this year than I amassed in all of 2017. That might be more of a reflection on how little I did last year but I'm pretty pleased nonetheless.

Conditions

Hour: 10:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 44 degrees
Humidity: 58 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: Tightness in my right calf.