Sunday, February 4, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 37:49
Pace: 9:27 min/mi

Comments: Weird little run but, in the end, very satisfactory. I knew I had to get today's run in to meet my goals but found myself more hesitant than usual to get out the door. I also didn't follow my routine of eating at least and energy bar before going out.

I knew I had a pretty strong pace but, at the end of the first lap I was feeling like I might not be able to sustain it through the planned run (or, possibly, even finish). Then I got a boost out of the downhill and found myself cruising through the second half. I even considered going for six miles but decided to play it safe.

Split-wise, this was a very strong effort with every mile faster than the last. The sub-9:30 total pace was not my best for this run but the splits were far more consistent than on runs I've done this fast.

Conditions

Hour: 9:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: cloudy
Temperature: 52 degrees
Humidity: 85 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: nada