Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 35:47
Pace: 8:56 min/mi

Comments: I felt a bit anxious trying to get out the door for this one. The long run really knocked me for a loop this week and I had real concerns it would continue to be a drag on my performance. And, as expected, I felt a bit stiff and uncomfortable getting started.

But it didn't take long to drop into a good rhythm right at my target pace. The individual mile paces were all over the pace but all in the range I wanted and got me the sub-9 overall pace for the run. Most importantly, I didn't have a late run dropoff in performance like I was concerned about.

Conditions

Hour: 11:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 56 degrees
Humidity: 35 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: nada