Monday, March 12, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 39:04
Pace: 9:45 min/mi

Comments: I was pretty sore the past two days due to the major long run on Saturday. There wasn't any specific pain that would make me concerned but the miles definitely took a toll on my legs. So I expected a certain degree of difficulty once I got out there today.

Overall, this wasn't too bad an effort for a recovery run. I had a reasonable pace for the first half of the run although it deteriorated over the last two miles. The final average pace was in the ballpark of what I hoped and, certainly, nowhere close to the death slog that followed the 10K.

Conditions

Hour: 12:45 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 52 degrees
Humidity: 52 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: Just post-race soreness.