Thursday, March 15, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 2 miles
Time: 18:17
Pace: 9:07 min/mi

Comments: The plan today was to get back-to-back runs in this week. The other goal was to try the trail along the Trinity River which I recalled as being pretty straight and flat. It's been a few years so I needed some reconnaissance before making it a permanent part of my running schedule.

The good news is the trail was pretty much as I recalled. The bad news is I forgot what a battle running it in Texas-style wind could be. I had to work a lot harder than I expected for what I thought was going to be a straightforward effort. Since this was an "extra" run this week, I chose to cut it short at the halfway point and chalk it up to experience.

Conditions

Hour: noon
Surface: concrete
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 66 degrees
Humidity: 50 percent
Wind: 10 mph gusts
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: nada