Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 37:08
Pace: 9:16 min/mi

Comments: So the race Sunday really did a number on me. I was sore up to and including this morning. I just don't bounce back from heavy efforts the way I used to. I probably could have put in two easy miles but caution seemed to be the best strategy after that beating of a race.

At one point on Sunday we passed by the entrance to Trinity Overlook Park or, as I know it, the Trinity River bottoms. I've been meaning to do a run in this area for awhile so it seemed like a good day to try it. I overlooked the fact it has rained for the past two days.

So this ended up being a bit of a muddy slog. Luckily the trail wasn't a bog or, worse, underwater. I battled through it and finished significantly faster that I had any reason to expect.

Conditions

Hour: 11:15 a.m.
Surface: gravel
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 62 degrees
Humidity: 87 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: Very tight IT band on my right leg starting out. My lower right calf has been sore since the race and extremely stiff most morning. Ached a bit on this run.