Saturday, March 31, 2018

Long Run

Distance: 8 miles
Time: 1:19:13
Pace: 9:54 min/mi

Comments: I was finally feeling reasonably good yesterday after almost a week of post-race fatigue. Still, I didn't make the call to do eight miles until I actually started this one.

The weather was very good this morning except for the wind. While the temperatures warmed significantly during the run, humidity dropped. But the second half was into a headwind which got pretty brisk on miles six and seven. My splits very much reflected it.

Still, I kept the total average pace under ten minutes and that's about all I was shooting for given the condition of my legs recently.

Conditions

Hour: 9:15 a.m.
Surface: gravel/concrete
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 58 degrees
Humidity: 85 percent
Wind: 5 - 10 mph gusts
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: nada