Monday, October 15, 2018

Recovery Run

Distance: 2 miles
Time: 19:50
Pace: 9:54 min/mi

Comments: First run since the race. A very easy two mile effort with no hint of pressure. Just got started and ran easy, but quick enough to start working the muscles a bit. And I was happily surprised at how well my legs responded.

The weather is pretty much ideal right now. Cool and overcast with no wind to speak of. Ironic, since it's now in the 40s and thunderstorms at home. I'd prefer to avoid chilly/wet conditions for the time being, thank you very much.

So, I'll try to get another run in on Wednesday and, depending on that, figure out how to proceed with the rest of the recovery period.

Conditions

Hour: 12:39 p.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 63 degrees
Humidity: 90 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Branford, CT
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: My right calf is still very tight and sore. The rest of the race soreness has improved to general stiffness.