Saturday, October 20, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 39:48
Pace: 9:56 min/mi

Comments: Took two days off due to travel and the terrible weather. Sure, I could have put a rain run in but I think I did enough of that last weekend. It's recovery week, anyway. There's no real urgency to get any of these runs in.

Today I went pretty slow on all the uphills and the pace shows it. But, overall, I felt pretty good the whole way. My legs seem to be recovering nicely with minimal lingering issues from the race. It also helps that the temperatures have finally cooled down a bit.

Conditions

Hour: 8:40 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 58 degrees
Humidity: 90 percent humidity
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: Right calf remains stiff.