Sunday, December 23, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 8 miles
Time: 1:18:43
Pace: 9:50 min/mi

Comments: The intention of doing 12 miles was well enough but didn't come to pass. I think I could have done it well enough but the route I was on really had me anxious. It was a tight winding road with cars going way too fast. I got four miles out and decided I had taken enough chances for one day and turned around.

I felt pretty good actually. Ran a little fast due to the temperature and anxiety about traffic though and you could tell by the heart rate measure. Still, my legs felt good even with the six miles yesterday.

Conditions

Hour: 11:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 40 degrees
Humidity: 47 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Westport, CT
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: Soreness on my right knee at the start.