Friday, January 18, 2019

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 40:39
Pace: 10:09 min/mi

Comments: The goal of this effort was to start my pre-work run routine. While I'm doubtful I can manage full-on marathon training with my new schedule, I'm determined to get in regular runs to maintain my fitness. That means early morning pavement.

It was a little chilly but not too cold today. Since my legs still feel some stiffness from the races, I again focused on cadence and taking it easy. There were no real issues before, during or after this workout so I'm hoping that means my recovery is progressing well.

Conditions

Hour: 5:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 44 degrees
Humidity: 93 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: Achy knees.