Sunday, January 20, 2019

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 37:25
Pace: 9:20 min/mi

Comments: Got out at lunch which was earlier than I expected given the forecast. Temperatures dropped into the 20s this morning but recovered reasonably nicely by mid-morning. Not gonna lie, it was still brisk out there.

I cranked this one out a little faster than I intended. I felt pretty good though so I let the pace creep up as I went along. Heart rate stayed out of Zone 5 completely so that seems to have been the right choice.

The intent was to get eight miles but I cut it to four after considering next week's schedule. I want to get three runs in during the week which means a back-to-back one today and tomorrow.

Conditions

Hour: 12:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 41 degrees
Humidity: 59 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada