Sunday, February 17, 2019

Training Run

Distance: 4.03 miles
Time: 38:33
Pace: 9:34 min/mi

Comments: Well, the plan was a longer run today but it was cold and the dog-walkers were a pain and I can get my 80 miles this month without it. I felt pretty lame all morning for not doing it, so even with the parsed effort I'm much happier now.

It was chilly starting out, particularly with the breeze. I probably did my usual stunt and pushed the pace too much as a result. Once again, I spent more than half the run in the high heart rate zone. Not sure how this bodes for the race next week but we will see.

Conditions

Hour: 1:00 p.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 48 degrees
Humidity: 66 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada