Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Training Run

Distance: 4.05 miles
Time: 37:57
Pace: 9:23 min/mi

Comments: Dunno if it was the intensity of the long run Sunday or what but I have been exhausted and sore ever since. In truth, I was feeling pretty run down since Friday but, man, getting out of bed Monday was harsh.

So I was a little surprised to feel pretty good for most of this effort. Did a lot of focusing on the cadence rather than pace. That held pretty strong the whole way. About a quarter of the run was in the Zone 5 heart rate, probably hill related.

Conditions

Hour: 11:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 68 degrees
Humidity: 43 percent
Wind: 10 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: A bit of soreness in my right knee starting out and my left knee finishing up.