Sunday, March 17, 2019

Long Run

Distance: 8.11 miles
Time: 1:20:35
Pace: 9:56 min/mi

Comments: Not gonna lie, the chill had a bit more bite this morning than I expected. It's gotten downright pleasant in the afternoons so I was thinking the morning would be similar. Nope. There's a bit of winter still lingering as the sun comes up.

Still, it's about perfect for running. This would have been the absolute ideal day to run a marathon. I wasn't doing anything like that though. I got my cadence going pretty good most of the way. Kind of lost it at the very end but not because of fatigue. My pace was pretty meh but heart rate only skimmed the Zone 5 level. That's about as ideal a long run as I can imagine.

Conditions

Hour: 7:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 44 degrees
Humidity: 72 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada