Monday, April 22, 2019

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.03 mi
Time: 39:47
Pace: 9:52 min/mi

Comments: After multiple days off I finally got back out there for a run. Toward the end of last week, I was feeling really run down. That was very evident on my the run on Tuesday. I was feeling better toward the end of the week but just decided to give myself the extended rest anyway.

Now I would like to get a number of back-to-back runs in but with very easy efforts. Today was about idea for that. I started overslow, picked up the cadence in the middle but without pushing the effort. At the end, my heart rate was almost entirely in Zone 4 even with the warmer and more humid conditions.

Conditions

Hour: noon
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 76 degrees
Humidity: 67 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada