Monday, February 10, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.10 miles
Time: 37:12
Pace: 9:04 min/mi

Comments: My original plan was to put in a four mile recovery run on Sunday after the race. But my legs felt pretty worn out so I decided to give them a rest day. The temperature dropped as a cold front went through, so today's run wasn't really looking like a treat.

I got a break with the rain at noon and decided to try for a lunch run. The cold wet weather was pretty brisk so I went out a bit faster than I planned. A lot faster than I planned.

This turned into my fastest effort on this course since last March. I slowed considerably on the hills of the last mile but, still, a solid third of the  run was in Zone 5 heart rate.

Conditions

Hour: 1:00 p.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast/drizzle
Temperature: 45 degrees
Humidity: 95 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada