Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Fitness Run

Distance
: 4.31 miles
Time: 47:25
Pace: 11 min/mi

Comments: I started off pretty strong but the incline on the first mile had me wondering if I was going to revisit the slog runs of last week. I recovered a bit on the downhills and ended up feeling pretty decent most of the way. I'm still a LONG way from being in control of these runs but I seem to be past the suck-it-up-and-finish stage.

The new schedule that gives me an extra hour to get these done in the morning seems to be working. I'm going to suffer in the heat but it's not the brutal torture of afternoon efforts in this weather. The latter is a very real threat to one's health. I'm hoping to extend the consistent effort this week and get five runs in but we shall see.

Conditions

Hour: 7 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 80 degrees
Humidity: 78 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 18

Injury update: nada