Thursday, September 2, 2021

Fitness Run

Distance
: 4.31 miles
Time: 44:31
Pace: 10:20 min/mi

Comments: Not tremendously motivated for this one but not actively dreading it either. So... progress? My legs certainly felt a bit fatigued waking up but they felt pretty good most of the way. I actually started out a little too fast and found myself breathing heavier than advisable before the mile mark. I slowed down and rode the next big downhill which got me back on track. 

This was the first time since getting restarted I felt I was actually in control of the run for stretches of time. Most of my runs have been an exercise in staving off fatigue long enough to finish. I was even quasi-successful in concentrating and holding focus for the bit uphill in the last mile. But, of course, the GPS crapped out so I don't have any information on it. 

Conditions

Hour: 7:20 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 78 degrees
Humidity: 89 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 18

Injury update: nada