Sunday, August 29, 2021

Long Run

Distance
: 6.75 miles
Time: 1:15:57
Pace: 11:15 min/mi

Comments: Wanted to get a longer effort today but didn't really have more of a goal than six miles/10K. The first two miles were rough. The fatigue in my legs is real. I was honestly considering cutting it short but things started feeling better (but certainly not good). 

I did the extra extension down Coombs Creek and was at 3.3 miles at the turnaround. I tried to figure a route to get to the six mile mark but finally just said  "fuck it" and decided to make it a there-and-back. I finished a quarter mile shy of seven miles and as worn out as I have been in quite awhile. 

Conditions

Hour: 8 am
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 78 degrees
Humidity: 72 percent
Wind: calm 
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 18

Injury update: nada