Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Fitness Run

Distance: 5.5 kilometers (3.5 miles)
Time: 30 minutes
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather Conditions: warm, sunny, 70s, afternoon run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru
Secret weapon: Underworld

Comments: I really really really didn't feel like doing this run when I set out. I did my full situp/stretching thing before heading out, concentrating a lot on my left leg which just stays stiffer than the right for some reason. On the pavement it was a battle of will from the get go.

But after a mile or so I got into a groove and cranked it out. I deliberately hit a slower pace and the point I hit at 12 minutes yesterday took 14.5 today. But it was strong and steady the whole way.

I think the biggest thing dragging on me right now is the fact I have run every day since Saturday with no rest days whatsoever. I haven't been doing a ton of mileage but it is the first time my legs have had to produce regularly like this. It's a challenge. So one more day and then a blissful 24 without a visit to the malencon.