Monday, June 19, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 11.2 km (7 miles)
Time: one hour
Surface: asphalt/concrete/dirt
Weather Conditions: overcast, chilly, 50s, mid-afternoon run
Location: Miraflores and Barranco, Lima, Peru

Comments: Went out and did the beach/hill run again today. Got a heck of a lot further in the hour than on Saturday but that is probably because I know the route now. It's easier when you know where to save up your energy and where to spend it.

The start of the run was unpleasant. I really doubted if I was going to be able to finish. Yet, somewhere around the 35 minute mark it was automatic. I found myself at a good pace churning it out. And I felt strong enough to go another half hour but I didn't think that would be too wise.

The knee was a little sore yesterday afternoon and this morning. Nothing specific, just not happy. Stretched out real well and didn't have any problems with it during the run at all.