Friday, June 23, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 5.5 km (3.4 miles)
Time: 30 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 50s, mid-afternoon run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Comments: I wasn't really in the groove today. I did only half the time of the runs I have been doing for my recent workouts at the suggestion of the guru and, lordy, I was thankful for that.

I stretched and got out on the road but never really felt into it. I wasn't running particularly hard or fast yet it was clear the half-hour was about as much as I could hope for and pushing it probably wasn't a good idea. Which isn't to say it was a necessarily "bad" run, because it wasn't. I just could feel I wasn't at my peak.

Thing is... I am plumb tired. I have been running every other day for a week-and-a-half at some of the longest distances I have regularly taken on since start of this endeavor. I have been sleeping very hard and, this morning, I just lay there for about half an hour working up the strength to get up.

The plan is for an hour-and-a-half long run tomorrow but if I wake up feeling out of it, I won't have any qualms calling it off.