Monday, June 26, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 6 km (3.72 miles)
Time: 30 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 60s, midafternoon run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Comments: Went out with the intention of putting in 45 minutes at a brisk pace but I was moving along pretty good a few minutes in so I decided to try for half an hour at that clip. I probably could have put in the full 45 minutes but it didn't make much sense to push myself that hard after last week.

So it came out that I was moving at just under my 10K race pace - 8:06 versus 7:41 per mile - but felt like I was going about three-quarters. That's progress but it's also shows I got a long way to go as well. 

No real pains today. My left calf has been kind of stiff, I first noticed it during the long run on Saturday. I stretched it really well prior and will focus on it over the next week.