Saturday, July 1, 2006

Week Wrapup

Distance: 20.5 kilometers (12.71 miles)
Time: 1 hour 45 minutes

Comments: Not as good a week as I had hoped but pretty much what I wanted to do. I pushed myself pretty hard the two weeks or so prior and I put up some mileage totals that were significantly above anything I have done to date. Keeping that pace is a recipe for injury and I know it.

I wanted to put in a long run but I got pretty busy and, honestly, didn't feel very good. Not sick, or even tired, just blah. Which, if I am not mistaken, is a good sign of fatigue and exhaustion. Especially when mixed with a healthy dose of sleeping like crap.

There are some irritating little aches in my legs that I am having trouble getting rid of. I have been stretching lots throughout the day but they are damned persistent. My guess is that the shoes have reached the point where they are taking their revenge on me. But, with luck, that will be solved this week.