Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 8.5 kilometers (5.27 miles)
Time: 45 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 60s, mid-afternoon run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Comments: Not a stellar run by any means. I felt pretty good this morning but I had a pretty big lunch that knocked me out. I got up, did some work and then went on the run. I knew I wasn't really into it mentally so I really went through the stretching regimine in order to spur the routine. 

But pretty much from the start the run was a chore. Every step was an effort even though I can't say I was really lacking energy or the strength for the thing. I set 45 minutes so I stuck with it, but finishing was the best part of this one.

During the run I had a tightness in my right IB and, afterward, there was a distinct tightness in the left. The latter right where the scar tissue is from when I got hit by a car years ago. The good news is that, in neither case did I also have any problem with my knees.