Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 8.9 kilometers (5.5 miles)
Time: 45 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: sunny, warm, 70s, noon run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Comments: Another great day to be out running. It's like a wonderful bit of spring here in the middle of Lima's long horrible winter. I didn't have the pain in my left foot this morning so I decided to give it a go.

I had a pretty good pace most of the way. There was an uncomfortable bit at the start where I felt like I didn't have the energy for the run but it passed and I actually felt really good the rest of the way. It was clear and a nice cool breeze off the ocean and you could see forever. 

The downside was the blisters and the ache in the foot. I relaced both shoes this morning and applied a lot of powder but I can't really tell if it helped much. Neither problem was any worse today but not a heck of a lot better either.