Thursday, July 6, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 9.5 kilometers (5.9 miles)
Time: 45 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 60s, mid-afternoon run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Comments: And thus, winter returneth. The burst of regular cold air bumping into the unseasonably warm temperatures gave us a bit of rain last night - a real rarity in Lima. So it was clear and crisp when I went out for the run in the afternoon.

I really felt like this was one of my first real "runs." I started and kept up a strong pace the whole way without backing off or flagging. That might be due to the new two-days-on-one-off schedule or eating better, I'm not sure. 

The left foot soreness was completely absent but the little toe blister issue continued, but not nearly as bad today. I am convinced the latter is sweat-related now. And, most likely, my alteration of my stride for the tenderness screwed up my footfalls.