Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 9.5 kilometers (5.9 miles)
Time: 45 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 70s, early afternoon run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Comments: Work. The whole way.

I just really seem to be battling through my runs recently instead of just hitting the groove and going with it. I felt like I was struggling the whole way today and had a slight stich in my right side for most of the run. It was like the return of that uncontrolled flailing that marked my initial efforts to get running again this year.

That said, I knew I was making good time throughout and knew I could finish the thing no matter how unhappy I was about it. Although my time came out a bit less than I expected, I still feel I was at a bit more than 3/4 speed but not up to actual race pace. Which shows there is substantial progress over the past few months, no matter how little I seem to be able to see at the moment.