Thursday, August 3, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 12.8 kilometers (7.94 miles)
Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, misty, 60s, morning run
Location: Miraflores/Barranco, Lima, Peru

Comments: Solid run. Felt in control the whole way and could concentrate on the run itself rather than surviving the thing. 

I really felt beat yesterday so I went and chowed down hard on sancochado for lunch, took an afternoon nap, pasta for dinner and then slept 10 hours of the sleep of the righteous. Woke up a bit bleary but, finally, refreshed.

So I got in a good stretching session and hit the road. Since today was a longer distance day I purposefully held back on the pace but it still seemed to be quicker than usual. The guru called for even slower than what I ran but I know good days like this only come around every so often.

There was a bit of a recurrence of the stitch in my side and my knees were both a bit achy but not actually painful like earlier in the week. One thing I may have forgotten in my earlier prognosis is this is now bad arthritis weather and I already have to deal with this problem.