Sunday, July 30, 2006

Long Run

Distance: 12 kilometers (7.45 miles)
Time: one hour 
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 60s, morning run
Location: Miraflores/Barranco/Chorillos Lima, Peru

Comments: A very unsatisfying long run today. It was only one hour - well within my ability - but felt like a slog most of the way. I had plenty of strength and my form was fine but never got 'into' the run. I desperately pray that when I run my race I am doing better than I was today. 

It was one of those runs I kept finding excuses to keep from doing. I did concentrate on the left leg pretty well because of the soreness in the knee. It was stiff yesterday and unhappy this morning. I was worried setting out but it really wasn't a factor at all during the run.

Gave myself a long hill midway and at the very end. Handled both pretty well. The last one was as tough as ever but I didn't slow down on it to the degree I have in the past.