Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 8.4 kilometers (5.21 miles)
Time: 40 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, misty, 60s, morning run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Comments: Tough one but due to the pace, mostly. There was a chilly mist in the air setting out which, to me, is perfect running weather. I started off at a purposefully quick clip but tried to concentrate more on maintaining it than going deliberately fast.

It was not easy by any means but I only got a hint of the stitch in the side and felt the run was possible the whole way. There was a really unfun part when I rounded a corner on the Malencon and got buffeted by a brisk little crosswind. 

My left knee had no issues today but my right knee was sore as I stretched to get ready. And it was an inside-the-knee sore that makes me very nervous. I plan to keep close tabs on it the rest of the week. After the run my quads were really achy so I put in a post-run stretch, something I probably need to be doing with regularity anyway.