Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Recovery Run

Distance: 8.9 kilometers (5.52 miles)
Time: 43:36 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 60s, morning run
Location: Miraflores/Barranco, Lima, Peru

Comments: Very good run. After the drag-ass effort of the past few runs it was nice to get out there and knock one out. I felt I could have done this a bit quicker but decided to reign it in rather than waste the good feeling on the first run of the week. 

The off time following my long run was pretty much crash and burn. I took a three-hour nap on Sunday and then slept ten hours each night after. I made it a point to stick close to home on the off day so I stayed off my feet.

But I woke up feeling pretty good today and feel ready to start another week of work. Obviously I don't think repeating the distance of last week is very advisable so I'm going to try and focus on speed a bit more. 

I did the regular route along the Malencon; the point being to avoid any big hills today. Felt very strong the whole way and not a glimmer of the 'give in' feeling that sometimes comes to visit on this first run of the week.

I developed some blisters on the outside ball of my foot in my long run a few weeks ago and, after Sunday's effort, it was noticeably tender. I loosened the bottom lacings of the shoe to provide a bit more give there. Can't tell if it did much good, though.