Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 2400 meters (1.5 miles)
Time: 8.53 minutes
Surface: dirt track
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 60s, morning run
Location: Barranco, Lima, Peru

Comments: Got back out on the track and, once again, it was every bit as horrible as I expected. It's not that my running was particularly bad, I simply don't like running for speed.

Anyhow, whining aside, it went relatively well. I jogged the mile to the track and then spent a good 20 minutes warming up. I then ran three 800's (or two laps) with a single lap in between. 

I did the first one in 2:59 then the second and third both came in at 2:57. So I pretty much matched my effort from last time. The three-minute half-mile seems to be my speed range.

No real injury or pains or anything except for a tightness in my right shoulder. But that's probably from all the time on the computer lately, not the training.